Sunday, February 8, 2009

Show and Tell

Show and Tell
A few weeks ago, We went to visit my family in NC. We missed seeing snow by 1 day. That was a big bummer. I would have loved to seen snow again. I have only seen it like 2 times ever. And it never has been much snow at that.

My Aunt and Uncle have converted their carport/garage into an outside kitchen/hang out room. I was walking from the house to the outdoor kitchen and saw the biggest squirrel. At first, I was unsure it was a squirrel because it was so big. I really think this animal is bigger than one of my cats. They informed me it was a Fox Squirrel. According to the limited amount of research I did on them, the black faced ones seem to be extra rare. They all are on the endangered species list it seems.

DSC_0021zoom

DSC_0022zoom

Wanna see what others are show/telling

10 comments:

Busted said...

Those are some great pics!

Kristin said...

Very cool...and fabulous pics!

Brenna said...

I've never heard of a fox squirrel before! How cool, to learn about an animal I've never encountered. You captured some wonderful photos of it--thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

Yup. Fox squirrel. They're so cool! You're so lucky! They have a variety of colors. (as do gray squirrels in certain areas!)

We have fox squirrels in some areas of Florida, but I've never been able to spot one. They are very very endangered. They require some forest that we just don't often have anymore. Quite sad.

JuliaS said...

Wow - that thing does look big!

Really nice pictures too - what kind of camera are you using? :0)

Delenn said...

I love squirrels! Great pics!

Beautiful Mess said...

Holy cow, that squirrel is HUGE! It's so beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen that particular species before. Thank you for sharing.

Liv said...

Very cool. Great photography skills there.

The Steadfast Warrior said...

I love squirrels (well I love most animals in any case), but that Fax Squirrel is very beautiful. I've never seen one before. Reminds me of a chinchilla. Great pics!!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

You taught me something. The squirrels here are not so silver, don't have black faces, and are not so BIG.

Sorry you missed the snow. I'd send you some but we're in a warm spell.