Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Aboriginals, Alternative Pants and Monkeys

Ahhhh this weather is fantastic ... I love the chill in the air. It is So very rare to experience it this time of year. I am going to enjoy it while it lasts because..it will not last.

As soon as I hit post on those low self confidence posts ..I do regret it .. I regret it because It could sound as though I am complaining, And I assure you even if it sounds that way ... it is not meant to seem like a negative aspect of my life... I just get stuck on these in my life and they grip me or I grip them so hard it is hard to let go and move on ... ... This is not one of my finer qualities.

Moving on - I figured I would post what I have experienced w/MT the past few days (maybe a week)



  • From now on, if asked if I have a schedule, I will say Yes and keep it at that ....
  • MT is really into this jabbering thing. He talks so much. Along with Talking and making sounds, his new favorite thing to do to get my attention is this fake cough/hacking sound. It is his newest hunger cue. We like to think that he is studying one of the many aboriginal languages. He has this mmmmmhmmmmmm sound he makes when he starts to get sleepy
  • He has stopped his crying spell for car rides..thank god. That was no fun to deal with.
  • Baby clothes are worse than woman's sizes .. I hate trying to figure out what size to buy. It always depends on the store I am in .. and even then it seems to vary.
  • I thought these were the most stupid thing I had ever seen when I was pregnant .... I am now about to go searching for a pair because it is cold and MT HATES pants ... No matter what size pants he has one, they tend to squeeze that fat lil belly and he tends to get very miserable ( i know ... he is only a wee tot and already giving me grief about clothes) How do I know this, you ask... Take the pants off and he is a whole new boy Plus when changing a diaper, you can see they are leaving pretty red, raw indentions. So We put on alot of those one pieces on him.
  • I need some of these for my sister's wedding next weekend. I am leaving to go up there on Sunday. This will be my first trip by myself anywhere. It's a 5/6 hour drive. I am still debating what will be the best time to travel, what I am taking with me (swing, bouncy, etc..) I will be there for a week. E and my parents are coming up Wednesday. I am going up early to help my sister get a few things done and hang out with her and friends before the big day. I am excited for her but nervous about how I am going to handle MT up there away from E and my parents all by myself. E and Myself are also in the wedding, So I am nervous about who will watch MT while we are in the ceremony. Things I should have thought of ... but, It will all work itself out.
  • E has off Friday, MT has a monkey costume .. I am not sure where we are going, but we are going somewhere to show this costume off. Here is a sneak peak.

DSC_0090-1

20 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, that's so cute! I love that you have a MONKEY costume for Monkey Toes! So fitting! I call Will Monkey, but we had so many costumes given to us that I had no need to buy our own. And I also call him about a million and one other nicknames, so it really doesn't matter much!

Just an idea of where you can go to show him off in all of his monkey cuteness, but Will and I and some of my mom friends are going to the local mall for trick-or-treating. They have two times, a day and a nighttime.

And thank you for your support on my mom situation. . . tough stuff, huh?

Geohde said...

MT is ALWAYS completely adorable...

J

Jill Tice said...

The most adorable Monkey I know!!!

Hey, let me know how you likey da Spanx...I have been thinking about getting a pair. My bod just isn't the same...

Unknown said...

so so cute!

So glad the car thing got better!

lub said...

I love the monkey costume! So cute! T will be a lion but its a 6-12 month costume so we'll see how well she "swims"! I agree- schedule smedule- he's a baby for gosh sake! Have fun at the wedding. I can't wait for your to post pictures!!!

Mazzy said...

Suddenly I am craving bananas! That little monkey is SO CUTE!!!! Surely you can find a mall or fall festival to show him off at. Take lots more photos (I know you will)!

Do you have to wear an ugly bridesmaid dress, too? Gosh, I hope not. I am sure the trip will be fun. I love weddings!

Ashley said...

TOOO Cute! :]

RBandRC said...

He is SUCH a cutie! I can't take it!

Amanda said...

Good luck on your trip. I'm sure everything will work out wonderfully!

MT is so cute in his monkey costume!!!!!

Prairie Girl said...

MT is sooooo cute!!! :D

HereWeGoAJen said...

Oh, he's such a cute little monkey!

I also thought that those baby leg warmer things were weird, but I had heard so many people that love them. I've seen some at my Target, on the end cap.

AllieQB said...

Love the costume. :) Have a wonderful time at the wedding!

Cibele said...

OMG, that is the cutest Monkey I have ever seem . Of course you have to show him off!!!!

T-Mommy said...

OMG, the monkey costume is cute but I must admit MT is a TRUE HIT wearing it!.... I want to hug and squeeze him so badly!

Have a great time and enjoy the wedding!

Kathy V said...

I love the monkey costume it is so great. I am glad he has also stopped crying in the car trips because that could be miserable on the way to your sister's.

Kim said...

I adore the monkey costume! How CUTE!!

FattyPants said...

What a wonderful monkey! Its amazing how fast they grow.

Amanda said...

BabyLegs are the best!!! Brooklyn just started wearing hers. They are long enough that we can pull them over her feet too and just stick her toes out, LOL.

I like the costume!

Searching said...

He is so beautiful and round! LOVE it!!!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

This is a bit of a delayed comment, but we put Harry in a lot of overalls, having the same concern about constricting waistbands (and overalls are just so damn cute). Car.ters makes some fabulous ones.

Spanx are awesome. Mine have gotten much more wear lately, now that I feel like I shouldn't still look pregnant but think I do.

The monkey costume is adorable!