(3 weeks ago)
The changes that have happened are amazing.
- He went from not sucking and having trouble eating to 3oz. He has gotten much fuller in the body. (do you know I haven't taken a picture of him w/o a outfit/blanket on, I am going to do that today) I cannot wait to weigh him. I may take him to a grocery store scale today and see if I stand on it and then stand on it with him, If i can see about how much he weighs now.
- His belly button fell off yesterday (took 20 days). He can now have his first real bath instead of the lil bird baths he was getting.
- He is sleeping great
- I have only called the pediatricians office 2 times.
- He does have an irritated lil booty. The dr's office told me to stop using wipes and switch to either toilet paper/wet paper clothes and wet wash clothes to wipe then apply something with zinc oxide on his lil red bum. It looks like after a day of this, it is getting better. If not I will be calling again before Friday. He does have his one month appointment the 9th
- He loves to suck on his tongue and fingers
- His hair is turning a shade of red, he has the most beautiful long red eyelashes.
- He was laying on his floor gym the other night and grabbed at the toys overhead to pull on them - I wish I had the video camera. That was so cool to see.
*I am oh so forgetful, there are so many more changes my lil brain sits down to blog and it goes blank. If there is anything else, I will be back to update or post another*
As for my pumping - it took a nose dive in supply about 3 days ago. I am now still pumping every 2 hours, using a hospital grade rented pump (this one) MT has latched on to breastfeed about 5 times now. He still is having a hard time understanding that he can get milk out of them - he latches on for about 2-5 mins then I have to get his re-latched (?) while he is alil fussy and seems to get alil frustrated. My OB gave me some pill to try also. This morning I had my best pump session in 4 days - So I am hoping the efforts are starting to work.
The OB appointment was very standard and routine. (except for discussing breast milk supply and her encouraging me to see a lactation consultant). I will be seeing her again in 4 weeks and I still hope all is going smoothly still.
(I am hoping to get a good picture of Me and baby today to post. I have to wait until E wakes up)