- We are still supplementing feeds with this formula suggested by our pediatrician. 2 days ago we ran out of the ready to eat form and decided to try the powder form. So far so good, except I have decided that it would be best to pre-mix before putting it in his bottles. Since I am using these bottles, trying to find a b*P*A free container to mix the powder formula in has been difficult and involved some creative thinking. I emailed that company in hopes for future customers to not have a hard time finding a b*p*a free formula mixing pitcher. My creativity has not paid off yet but I remembered this product, and tomorrow, I am going to the sporting goods store to purchase one. (this is not product endorsement, I just want to help those that may be in a similar dilemma
- MT had his first boat ride to see fireworks on the 4th. He was so good while we were on the boat. I just put him in my sling and he just hung out. (
click on view all images)
- E is going back to work tomorrow! I am feeling pretty sad about that. He calms me, reassures me and helps out so much. We will figure it out on our own. I will build my confidence level. I will learn to go with my instincts.
- I ran out of size o diapers so I thought I would use the size 1's. They look so huge on him even though we used a size 1 diaper from the hospital. I love the diapers we used in the hospital. They have a yellow indicator line that turns blue when the baby has peed. In the beginning, when it is hard to tell, I loved that feature. I asked the nurse what kind they were and she told me she believed that they were only sold to hospitals.. I finally found the diapers the hospital used.
- We have discovered that MT has super sensitive skin and developed an aversion to his wipes and a chaffed bottom. We have been using wet tp and this diaper cream suggested by my pediatrician. I LOVE it. It has helped clear it up pretty well. It is expensive and I am going to ask on Wednesday about others to use on a day to day basis, or if we even need to do it on a day to day basis.
- His blocked tear duct seems to be doing much better, but now I am worried that his belly button is infected and not healing right.
- We had the best bf'ing latch tonight - YEAH!! He even wanted to bf. He still only wants to suck on one side. (it was the side he usually hates) I switched sides and he cried and cried. BUT he did latch and it was nice!
- Ever since delivery, I have had an involuntary twitch in my left leg. It just does a quick spasm or involuntary twitch once in a while. I am going to ask the dr's about this
- I have found a weird line of lumps where I was alternating sides of injecting the lo.veno.x. E thinks I have an internal bruise, I have stoped using these sides and have gone to different areas until I can get a Dr to look at it.
I am so sure there are other things - I just simply can't remember. I swear I am not product endorsing. I know everyone has different stuff that works for them and their children - this is just what is working for us for now.
Thank you so much for the encouraging emails and comments and prayers/thoughts for my mother. We will get through it, we have gotten through it before - It just takes time and medication until we can get a dr to help us and vice versa.