Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sun Rise, Sun Set

February is over today ...... and March is here tomorrow ... Elementary My Dear Watson - I have gone crazy with my eating this week (need i mention girl scout thin mints) in preparation for March 1st.

Ever since my dr. appointment I have been Madly/Wildly
googling (a new fav phrase for my husband is wikipediing) PCOS, PolyCystic, Metformin, Insulin Resistance, Candida et al, et nauseum (sp?) .. You name it, I goggled it. Not only did I google it. I spent $70 at the bookstore tonight.

I went to the book store for a particular book called The Insulin Resistance Diet: How to Turn off your Body's Fat-Making Machine by Cheryle Hart, MD and Mary Kay Grossman, RD. It was recommended on a board/forum I read. Well, while in the health section I found a book called The New Glucose Revolution Guide to Living Well with PCOS by Dr Jennie Brand-Miller. Then a book entitled The Infertility Survival Handbook; Beating the Odds and Surviving by Elizabeth Swire Falker just happened to fall on the floor and beg to come home with me, SO I couldn't just leave it there, Plus I do need a survival plan when i come home to tell my husband that, he too, is going on an Insulin/Candida Resistance Diet and I spent $70 in books to guide us.


Tangent - Also, My sister has been trying to get me to understand and try this Candida Cleansing Diet for about 2 yrs now and I just didn't have the disciple or the knowledge. (until now since i am desperate to just ovulate on my own and not have to spend an obscene amount of money on fertility treatments because we cannot afford it - also since i spent the last 6 months of 2006 spending a fortune in an ClearBlue Easy ovulation monitor, CBE ovulation pee sticks, clomid, provera, and many other medical procedures and labs - that resulted in bad times, weigh gain, daily crys', struggling marriage, severed relationships, sleep lost, I'm sure there is more, I just can't remember it all)

With that said, this whole "too much, sugar, yeast, bad carbs" lingo is all starting to make sense. It goes right along with the Insulin Resistance and how you don't even have to be overweight to experience this attack on our organs. Although I am a bit over weight, my sister is FAR from it and she had too much yeast/Candida in her system- enough to bog her internal system down. I know that many women (big, thin, alil over weight, or Goldilocks' (just the right size) all experience infertility and PCOS. It didn't make sense to me at all at first (about 2 yrs ago) - because I kept rationalizing that we have crack hoes, and malnourished woman getting pregnant all the time and I just couldn't believe that I was the lucky statistic that would "have to watch what I ate in order to get pregnant or lose weight before i got pregnant to only put the weight back on. BUT apparently I am. AND I found a book on that also called Complete CandidaYeast Guidebook by Jeanne Marie Martin. Dr's don't test for how much yeast you have you your system (and they should, because It is a silent factor. I would like to be bold enough to say that I would bet that alot of women with "unexplained fertility" could try this diet it would work for them. - but I don't have the research to back that statement up and It is probably "ignorance" speaking. I just want to solve all of our infertiles' problems.. like blink and twitch my nose and make it all magically work out for all of us.

With all my research my husband said that I have received my Doctoral Degree from the University Of Google - and that now I am an expert in Insulin/Candida Diets. My husband and I are "changing our eating habits" as of March 1. SO I will continue my education further with the above list of book which I am sure will lead to more "educated" posts.

1 comment:

My_Herstory said...

I'll have to check out that PCOS book. I hope everything goes well for ya!