Friday, May 8, 2009

testing and tested

I have tried to spruce up the layout again. How's it reading now? Colors easy to read? Overlapping? Suggestions?

A few stories so you don't think we have lost our sense of humor: The other day, at my MIL's, MT managed to shove his figure up my nose so quick and hard that I endured a nose bleed. Standing in the kitchen talking with everyone. I am on blood thinners so I think that attributed to the bleed. But he is So fast these days.

My father sanded a few little sticks that MT has been carrying around and teething on for months now. (I know .. safe huh, The life with a boy) He loves these sticks. He carries them around like prized possessions. Today he wanted to take a nap with it. I just could not let him. I mean. I let him chew on it all over the house, but putting him in the bed with a stick (that has been sanded and has very soft round edges) just felt wrong.

Thank you for all leaving suggestions about cloth diapers. I need to get on that and figure out what to do. If you are interested, Kelly's Closet, is having a give-away of a sample pack of diapers. I am trying to win them, You can too. Read here.

Our Association has decided to close the pool in APRIL AND MAY (and maybe June) to redecorate and remodel...... I am so beyond annoyed. THIS IS FLORIDA! Why couldn't you use half a brain and do this in UHm let's say Dec-Feb?? ... Obviously the Migrating Old Folks are in charge ....

The meds have made me feel like a new woman. Just in 12 hours. I ate a cracker for breakfast and have managed to keep it down along with a few ice chips. Good news right!?! Then, Why am I panicking about a heartbeat. I tried to beg/plead with the dr's office yesterday to listen with the Doppler (knowing that it could still be early) They laughed and told me not to stress out. Boy did I REALLY just want to hear that there was a reason for the Puke-athon and that The reason was still living. So to say that the Zen has left the building is an understatement. E reassures me that since Zen has left the building the Lil Bean is growing and thriving just fine. I am hoping so. When we first found out about the news, I was happy to just go with the flow and relish in the non medicated pregnancy. Ya know, be treated and feel like a normal pregnant woman .. Now, I am trying not to panic.

20 comments:

Prairie Girl said...

Ohhh new layout PRETTY!! Very pretty! Easy to read, no problems here!

Glad you are feeling like a new woman!!! That's great news!

Jill Tice said...

LOVE the flower!!!

Will we ever be normal pregnant women? NOPE! Even though I had one "normal" pregnancy, I will never be the same naive woman that I used to be. Boy, if you would have known me then you would have thought I was the most STUPID pregnant person on the planet! Buying up clothes, telling everyone the good news. I had sooooooooo much to learn!!! Thankfully, I did! :o)

I am happy you are feeling better. I have been stalking your blog and FB for an update. :o)

SMOOCHES!

Jill Tice said...

P.S. The sticks cracked me up! Josie likes ribbon. It will entertain her every time! I guess it is good we have a lot in our house. :o)

Nicky said...

Layout looks gorgeous!

One of my friends had a little boy who got attached to sticks. Any sticks. He went through a period where he carried around a big wooden spoon.

hope548 said...

The new layout looks lovely! I'm glad you're starting to feel better and hope all is well. Happy Mother's Day!!

Courtney said...

Great layout! I got inspired by your efforts last night and had a time trying to figure out my own 'remodeling' issues. :)

So, so, SO happy you are feeling much better. Now if only you could go take a dip in the pool. Hmmffp!

Amanda said...

A) LOVE THE NEW LOOK!!!!

B) I'm so glad that the meds are making you feel better. Hooray!

C) I am so sorry that you're stressing now. Of course it's normal, though. You know way too much to not freak out at least a few dozen times a day. It's highly unlikely that you'd have this amount of sickness if things weren't progressing they way they should be.

D) What's wrong with letting him nap with the stick? I'm just saying. It can't do anymore damage than his own fingers, can it?

E)Seriously? Closing the pool in the "warm" months??? That is just about the craziest idea I've ever heard!

A New Beginning said...

I LOVE the new layout. It is so pretty and fitting.

I am glad the meds have worked.

Wordgirl said...

Farah I'm so glad you're feeling better...

I wish I had words of wisdom about settling into pregnancy -- I am still in a bit of denial I think...

XO

Pam

Kate said...

Luke loves sticks, too. What is it with the sticks?

HereWeGoAJen said...

I adore that he has "pet" sticks.

The layout looks great!

Anonymous said...

1. I like the layout, A LOT!

2. PREGNANT! FARAH!!!

I have been gone for FAR too long. You are so blessed, my friend. And to me you're such a blessing. Thanks for the kind words today.

***hugs***

You are awesome

Kristen said...

Ooooh, PURDY!!!! I am loving the new design!

Barb said...

We can be crazy together. :)

Barb said...

I think it's beautiful! But the black print on the green background is a little hard for my eyes. I personally think light print (maybe light pink?) would read better.. but just my two cents. Totally up to you.

Christy said...

Love the new layout! And I'm so glad that you are feeling better too. Keep the stories coming . . . .I love them.

Jen said...

I love your new layout, very pretty! Glad the meds are helping, and hope you'll be able to eat more than a cracker and ice chips....

I hear you on fast little ones!! They are speedy quick.

I hope that you are able to find the "zen" again. It seems like a much more enjoyable way to go. We all know this is way easier said than done though.

MtnGirl said...

I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow!

Geohde said...

The layout rocketh. :)

As for the nose bleed- what is it with kiddos and nasal passages? Mine like to suck on their hands and THEN shove them up my nose...

g

Unknown said...

I love the new layout!!!

You are going to have to take a picture of these sticks.. i can't picture what they look like!

I am so glad you are feeling better.