Friday, November 21, 2008

Not your usual post

Last Night I was flipping through the channels and had my interest peaked when this man (whom I think is a lil dreamy) was talking about how these afri.can cl.awed fr.ogs were shipped around the US and used to help determine if women were pregnant in the 30's and 40's. Seems to be, If you inject the female frog with urine sample from the woman, and the woman is pregnant, it will cause the frog to ovulate and release her eggs 8 to 12 hours after injected. Weird, Huh.. According to the show I was watching and this article , the frogs are all dying to a fungus that is showing up in their bodies of waters. Scientist's and other animal care takers are trying to slow down the process. The part I found interesting was that Jeff and other activist kept referring back to how frogs and humans have a direct relationship with medications, treatments and hormones. They kept speaking of the fertility issues and how frog/human hormones react the same. It was very interesting to me. Then, they went to some stream in Mi.ssouri to search for hel.lbende.rs. The biologist w/ Jeff went on record to say that the male population from this state tends to have a noticeably lower sperm count than the rest of the US. They also stated that the once thriving he.llbe.nder population also have decreased over the years due to their low sperm count as well.

Also there was a certain type of female frog that ended up dying because there was not a male frog available to provide her with sex to help her release all of her eggs. My husband pointed out that it is possible to die from lack of sex ..... I assured him, he was not a female frog and his body would not explode or suffocate because he had too many eggs on the inside crushing his organs .... Men

Is it all propaganda? ... I dunno. I was not on their research team, I am unsure how they conducted all their information, but do I believe the impacts of environment on our fertility systems .. Yes I do... What do you think?

9 comments:

Prairie Girl said...

I'm with you there! I think it definitely is a direct correlation!

Funny how men think they'll die if they don't get sex...my poor husband must feel the same since we were told no sex during our pregnancy! lol

Unknown said...

I have never heard this... very interesing!!!

Your hubby makes me laugh :)

HereWeGoAJen said...

That is interesting! I definitely think the environment impacts our fertility, just like it impacts our health.

C said...

It makes me sad for the poor frogs!:-( This is very interesting.

And oh brother about E, lol. Just like a man to think he'll die without sex...well, if women haven't died from things we'd like to get but don't, then they'll survive too:-)

RBandRC said...

I definitely think there is a link. It's just too wide spread at this point--I've often wondered what it is in my environment that has affected my fertility. I don't know for sure that that's it, but I'm pretty positive there is some kind of connection.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting!

Nikon lens...

http://www.adorama.com/SG3014NKAF.html

That's the lens I want... ;)

What Nikon do you have?

Lisa said...

I think there is a correlation between the environment and human fertility too. Interesting story about the frogs.
And, please assure your husband that lack of sex will not cause a man to die. Otheriwse my husband would be dead already.

Amanda said...

Tell E when he proves that he can produce eggs like that, you'll be more than happy to jump his bones to relieve the pressure. ;-)

That is freaky about the frogs!

My_Herstory said...

That's very odd, yet very interesting! Ya, your hubby made me laugh too hehe.