Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks ... Yum

I made our own Babyfood. It's the easiest thing ever. I went to the fresh market and bought 1 lb of green beans, a sweet potato, figi apples and bananas. I went to my parents house (because they have a chopper I wanted to try) and put the sweet potato in the oven for 40mins-ish. Boiled/steamed the green beans and apples w/some cinnamon. I did use this website suggestion and I did store them in ice cube trays and put them in the freezer. All in all, took about 2 hours from start to finish and I have tons of food. I spent $5. Here is my estimations so if you try it at home, you won't have too much foods to process. Loosely Based on 1 ice cube slot = 1 oz. A banana = 8oz, Sweet potato (average size) and 1 oz of breast milk = 12 oz, 3 figi apples and a tablespoon of water = 8 oz, 1 lb of fresh green beans and 1 oz of breast milk = 12 oz

DSCN0829
apples

DSCN0827
green beans

DSCN0838
sweet potatoes

DSC_0095
alittle elf.....

My freezer is stocked. We gave MT 1 cube of green beans and 1 cube of banana today mixed together. He absolutely loved it. My dad let him taste the applesauce yesterday also... boy did he tear that up! This solid foods seems to be going .. BUT Good Gracious... THE poop. Solid poops are disgusting ..OH MY WORD. ...It's awful. .... Oh tangent ....

Happy Thanksgiving Pictures, Images and PhotosGiving Thanks. Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. I think it is because our family and friends get together and spend the day eating, talking and just enjoying each other. Christmas tends to be so hectic and on the go and "presents" orientated. I never seem to enjoy - scratch that ..no one seems to enjoy the process of christmas like we do for thanksgiving.

Plus, for Years now,I have longed to be able to watch the parade with my child. Iknow that this year he may not "watch it" but in years to come, I hope that he will be just as excited about the parade as I am every year. This year, I have tons and tons to be thankful for. I want to stop and recognize It. I am thankful for this blog and the readers behind the blogs. Thank you for expanding my life. Blogging has allowed me to open myself up, feel like there are others out there that somehow understand me, relate to me and want to see me survive this rollercoaster ride of life. I am not a touchy person irl ..but by blogging it has allowed to me to explore myself and expand as a person. I am thankful for each and every one of you ...Commentors or Not... Thank you for this opportunity and friendship.

6 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

The baby food looks delicious and so does that baby. :)

Jen said...

awesome job on the baby food! It's a lot easier than many people think. Also, I microwave all my food in glass containers and it takes even less time. The house doesn't smell as yummy, but it's quick!

Amanda said...

I can't wait to use your suggestions for baby food!!!

glenna marshall said...

I love making Isaiah's babyfood! It's fresh, it's cheap, it's convenient, and he loves it. I love having my freezer stocked, too. I had my first experience traveling with it; I just put my ziploc bags of "cubes" in the cooler and transferred them to my mom's freezer when we got there. It was fine and no hassle at all.

Glad little man is enjoying it.
I agree..the solid poops are horrendous.

Unknown said...

I am going to try and make some food if I can find the time. Looks yummy and fresh! Love that elf pic :)

Jill Tice said...

THAT'S IT! Between the snow in Illinois and his cute cheeks, I am coming to Florida!!! :o)