Sunday, November 23, 2008

5.5

5 and 1/2 months has come and gone. MT is thriving. He is growing. He is unbelievable wonderful, healthy and happy. We have tried to add veggies to his daily food intake. So far, so good. We were doing sweet potatoes and now we have added Green Beans to the mix. He seems to love green beans more than the sweet potato, or he is happy for a new taste. (to those who have a food processor, I would like one for Christmas but I want one that is big enough but not huge and take up alot of space, any suggestions? I am still just making our own foods) I thought about the gadget that is all inclusive but decided against it because of it's limitations. I assume I will only have to puree the food for about 3 more months or less ..So i would like to have something that is not limited for myself..I think .... mini Cuisinart..do they work ..or there is an 11 cup one ...Help ... input please)

I am still not coordinated enough to leave the house before noon most days, but it can be done if need be and it is getting better. I require a shower before I can leave the house .. It's a understood rule of mine. I am still just trying to learn to get up and shower before MT wakes up. (wish I could take a shower at night but My hair just needs a shower in the morning and I just like my sleep alittle too much.)

Having MT has brought to the surface some (most) areas of my character/personality that are selfish .... and I am having to work through them. (see above about shower/sleep) This is another reason E and I sometimes have some fightin' words, ughmm I mean differences.

Friday night, E and I had a huge disagreement. Of course, It was over chores, duties, housework nonsense. Everyone seems to fight over this issue at least once in their lifetime. (be it with a roommate, parent, spouse, sign. other, child, etc.)

I mentioned (uhmmm in a yelling voice - just being honest) to E that I needed him to step it up a bit. Remember, I told you he was sick and it felt like an eternity that he was sick for.... Well, It was grating on my nerves. Yes .. You think, Have a lil compassion for the guy, Seriously ... and I should have. I had some, but it was running low and filling up with my selfishness. ..... I was tired, I was PMSing, I was doing double duty w/ providing care for both him and MT. I just got back from being gone a week with MT by myself. MT (well we all were) trying to adjust from vacation. MT had been fussy like something fierce this week. Basically, MT was replaced with the screaming banshee again ...( i know now it was because of teething) He now has another tooth bud popping up. I am now starting to recognize his signs for teething. The tooth is right next to the one that just popped up a few weeks ago. He was up/awake ... and fussy .... and drooling ..... and just plain miserable. Nothing consoled him, except holding him and loving on him. (sometimes bfing) Even that had it's moments. This is the first week (since he started sleeping through the night) that we have been unable to get him in the bed by no later than 8:30pm. Bed time for him this week has been around 11pm. and only then because of exhaustion from crying or being miserable, he finally just wore himself out .... So teething for us is ROUGH .... I know that not everyone has such a hard time with this teething thing, but MT sure seems to just absolutely not tolerate it at all.

Combine all of this and I have been squeezed and pressed until the selfishness just rises to the surface and leaks out all over .... and usually lands right smack dab in the middle of my husband's lap .... And once again .... this is what he dealt with Friday night. He is so gracious too .. He does not at all get hot about it. He just lets me finish my rant/vent session. He calmly deals with the situation, diffuses the bomb, per say .. and then just loves on me some.... It's really the opposite of what I would do if some lunatic was yelling and fighting with me .... but none the less, He just takes one for the team ... and I love him so much through his actions and reactions. It makes it extremely hard to be/stay mad at him. He truly doesn't have a mean spirited bone in his body .... He knows he needs to offer to help out more. He knows that he was requiring alittle too much of my sympathy and time. He and I know he is sorry. He tries very hard.... and I need to give him credit for that. This has been the first time that he has been sick since MT was born. I consider this a milestone.... We made it through. ... Yes there was yelling and fighting, but we are all still here and accounted for ... and Loved

15 comments:

Beth Kyle said...

I have the Cuisinart Pro Classic Food Processor (http://www.cuisinart.com/catalog/product.php?product_id=31&item_id=60&cat_id=7)...I use it all the time (just today to cut some veggies for the meatloaf)..It works like a dream and is around a hundred bucks.

Kim said...

R is the same way.. thank goodness, 'cuz I can be CRAZY sometimes.. crazy enough for both of us ;o). We don't 'fight', I fight 'at him'.. hehe.

Kudos to you for sticking with making your own baby food. I did the same with B for as long as I could, and then switched to Earth's Best. As for M.. we're still trying to get her to use a BOTTLE and GROW, so we're a ways off from 'real food'.

Jen said...

Hi Farah, I also have the mini cuisinart, I really like it. I also have the large one, but only use that when I'm making a big batch of something. They are both kinda loud when turning them on, but it's only for a quick second. I also used the magic bullet for awhile, it worked well for foods, but I killed the blade when chopping ice. I use the mini at least every other day. I've been mashing bananas as needed and will start some new things this week. I also tood advantage of it while on my baking kick this week.

My dh and I continue to have the "step it up" discussion on a regular basis. We don't argue about much, but when it comes to holiday time and I'm running around like a crazy lady, it comes out. I think every mom will tell you, it just doesn't seem fair, but as long as you find a way to comprimise today,that's what counts.

HereWeGoAJen said...

My food processor is an add on to my blender, which is nice because I only have the one base for both and that saves space.

I can't believe that MT is already more than five months.

C said...

It just goes to show how blessed you are with your husband and how strong your relationship is to get through all of this. Good for you for sticking through it all.

Anonymous said...

I have a mini cuisinart and LOVE it. I have the big one, too, but use the mini one more often. It will totally work for baby food and is the right size for the smaller portions, too.

Photogrl said...

Sometimes you need to rant.

I'm glad E listens and still loves. I'm pretty lucky that M does the same.

((HUGS))

FattyPants said...

I use a food mill so I'm not any help in the processor part, but as for teething I stumbled across something that helps B quite a bit. Its those little feeding things that look like a big ring where you put food in the net and they gum it out. Ice cold apples or melon in there helped B so much because it was cold and hard. Might want to try that. Teething does indeed suck :(

Jen said...

also, I've heard teething tablets can be a life saver. They are a natural product and safe for babies. I believe they sell them at bru. Also, I just joined face book and want to find you. Can you email mail me your info?
Thanks
jen

Kate said...

It's hard to balance everything. Under it all you are a family and you love each other - even with the occasional yelling match. :)

Unknown said...

I think I may try the mini cuisinart that everyone is talking about! It may go on my christmas list :)

As far as the arguing... I think it is normal and sometimes it even helps to get stuff off our chest :)

tryingin2007 said...

2 overtired and/or stressed first time parents = some good arguments (...I mean discussions.)

;)

totally normal.

Barb said...

I worry about my selfishness over sleep/shower and food with baby too. But I bet you're harder on yourself than you think. :) Sweet E is with YOU for a reason ya know.

I can't get out of the house before 12 WITHOUT a baby. Kudos to you.
xoxo

Elle Charlie said...

He sounds like a pretty great partner - it's priceless to have a bomb diffuser in the house...

Amanda said...

I think you're human, not selfish. Wanting sleep and showers is human. :-)

I hope you're all feeling better!!!! (((hugs)))

I cannot believe how quickly MT has grown. Time is flying...