Monday, May 21, 2007

More important than Murphy's Law

This weekend I caught up reading some new blogs that have recently started commenting on mine. There are so many great, creative writers out there. It's almost a little intimidating for myself, since I am not such a profound writer. I am just real and honest and this is just therapy. It's not school where a teacher comes around and gets out a red pen to start horrifyingly riping my paper to shreds and by the time she gets done with it, its a Picasso's version of connect the dots - its just feelings turned to words to help me release all the pressure, so I do not do like the lil tea pot and tip over and pour out all over innocent bystanders.



I just finished reading Jaime's blog today and haven't been the same since. These are feelings I try desperately to put aside. Then I moved to TeamWinks. They have the same theme ... and I cant stop thinking about this. Despite all our (all IF-er's) attempts, we lose the newness, the joy (per say) and excitement of a new life and gain alot (of baggage, financial resources and other crappiness).



Just like the above bloggers, we have attempted parenthood and making many lifestyle changes in order to acheive this goal, and fall short for many months.



I have been on this organic/gluten free/no caffiene diet for quite some time now. (roughly 3 months) I have never been prone to yeast infections, but i "heard that yeast effects the reproductive system" and when I already fall on the wrong side of odds, I am willing to endure or give up what ever it takes to acheive paraenthood. It will only a temporary sacrifice. Saying that, I state for the record that my last yeast infection was aprox. 3 or 4 yrs ago. UNTIL LAST WEDNESDAY .. How can I go from posting how happy I am with my body to I want to set my woman parts ablaze and be done with them? Then I stubbled upon Town Criers' fantastic short and realized how I managed to get a yeast infection even when I am not eatting anything yeasty ... ................. Uterninus's Law ... this is was made for me today .. Thank you Thank you, boy did I need that. That is so great

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uterinus's law was one of the funniest things I've read in ages. I hope you're not feeling yeasty today! That makes this whole process even harder - why must our bodies deny us?

Lollipop Goldstein said...

You're welcome. I am totally having a Uterninus Law sort of cycle so...and a Uterninus Law sort of day. So the fact that you liked it sort of cancelled out some of the shittiness. Thank you.

hopeful to hateful in 28 days said...

Thanks for "lurking" and leaving so many nice comments on my blog. I got a postcard from you today :) Thanks!

C said...

I'm so sorry about the infection:( That sucks. I hate my body more times than none and if it was possible to trade in body parts, I would be first in line. I hope your week gets better.

TeamWinks said...

So sorry about the infection. Not so fun! While I may not have that New TTC Smell, I have a new scent that I feel is much more womanly, real, authentic, seasoned, snarky, and more empathetic. Think we can market it?

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Yeast infections are evil. They are a form of torture. Don't hesitate to call your doctor for a prescription for a medicine that you take for 3 days or so. It doesn't clear it up right away, but it does speed up the process. And, as bizarre as this sounds and is, keep the area as dry as you can. A blow dryer works best. (I know, I know this is bizarre. But a doctor told me to do this years ago when I had recurrent infections and it helps.)

As for body-hating, I think I got a degree in it. I am here if you need someone to listen!