Friday, March 6, 2009

What was I saying

February 3rd- Was my 2 yr Blogoversary. I missed it ... Like alot of things these days.

Speaking of missing it. Sarcasm... AF was back this week with avengence. I miss not having to have a period. My body was so kind to me when I didn't have one. Now, it's back and It's heavy and hormonal. This month I spent a few days first yelling lots and being Way overly moody. Fun times. Then found myself hunched over the toilet/trashcan praying to the porcelain goddess. This period has been the worst one in the longest time. In fact, I actually can't remember having a period this bad in years.

Added to the list of things I am missing lately includes, My mind. You hear pregnant woman talking about the pregnant brain, pregnancy fog. Well Mine has gotten progressively worse over the span of the pregnancy/birth. I am now at the point where i have to send myself text messages. I swear to you, the other day. I parked my car for an event and I actually sent myself a text message of the cross streets where my car was parked. IT.IS.THAT.BAD. I started talking with my landlord who had a baby a few weeks before me ..Oh I should mention the reason I was talking to her was Because I forgot that Feb had less days then the other months and forgot to send her our rent check ..... See, It's affecting everything. She mentioned that she also had this "forgetfulness" also along with some other similiar symptoms that I have going on. She went to the Dr a month ago and found out that her thyroid just stopped doing it's job. The Dr said that this is fairly common after pregnancies. So with that mentioned. I think I need to schedule a dr appointment and have things checked out.

It's really an awful feeling to not be totally with it. I mean, not like I ever had it "all together". But Wow, sending texting messages to yourself = a whole new level. Post it notes, for post it note reminders .... The embarassing list goes on

Thanks for playing along with the "what tv show are you addicted to" Posts. I forgot to mention that I am finding enjoyment in United States of Tara and Big Love. I tried to get into the Wire. It is on our On demand option and I just couldn't do it. I got 3 episodes in and lost interest. Tv is my brain escape these days.

14 comments:

C said...

I'm so sorry af is being so hard on you this time around. I am def. NOT looking forward to that aspect after pregnancy. I think going to the doc to get checked out is a good idea. That way, if it is something like thyroid issues, getting it fixed will make you feel (maybe) a bit less vulnerable with the forgetfulness. Good luck! ((hugs))

Beth Kyle said...

Uck about AF! I hope your thyroid is ok. It sucks to have to take meds for it. Oh and I used to watch Big Love, but we got rid of HBO. I did LOVE me some big love.....

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to the mental lapses. I am constantly scheduling myself reminders in my own blackberry, because if not, I will forget. And I can't even blame it on baby brain.

Polka Dot said...

Ew. I hate that lady. That AF woman. It sounds like she's holding you responsible for her not being able to visit.

Your poor brain is so full right now of teething and bed times and food stuff that there just isn't any more room for other stuff - like where you parked, paying your rent. It'll get better. If it doesn't, I have tags we can sew in your clothes that say "if lost, return to ..." *grin*

HereWeGoAJen said...

I use my digital camera to take a picture of where I park the car. A text message is a good idea too.

Delenn said...

I like Big Love too. Also US Tara, although I have missed a few shows. I also like Secret Diaries of a Call Girl and Battlestar Galatica.

Sorry about AF! Do what I like to do during AF--have a big piece of chocolate Cake!!

RBandRC said...

Ugh. I feel your pain. I'm definitely a lot less reliable when it comes to remember even basic things. Its sad. I hope I get my brain back soon! Mostly I feel like all of brain cells go right out with my breast milk.

I definitely think you should get checked out. Thyroid issues are really common and the same thing happened to my sister that happened to your landlord. Good luck and keep us posted! ((LOTS OF HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Yes, get your thyroid checked. It wrecks serious havoc on your body and does get wonky after a pregnancy. I am going to have my levels checked again because I am still gaining weight (all while breastfeeding, of course) and I just don't feel "right."

Eden Riley said...

Farah me TOO!! I seriously have wondered lately if I am getting the onset of Alzheimers, it's that bad.

Phooey to your AF, you poor thing!

Rebecca said...

You're not alone...I was actually better during pregnancy (maybe all those hormones balanced me out once and for all), but now I'm horrible!

Malloryn said...

I'm sorry to hear that AF is being so evil! Hmmmm... I have no good thing to blame my mental lapses on. Somehow I can always remember important things, like lyrics to obscure ABBA songs :P

Unknown said...

I had the forgetfulness during pregnancy and it was not fun. I felt spacey half the time and I HATED IT! Anyhow, I hope AF isn't as bad next time around...

Oh and I forgot to talk about the shows I like... the United States of Tara is pretty good! I also like Grey's, ER, Private Practice, American Idol and Biggest Loser!

Christy said...

OK, I just have to comment about the brain fog . . . . I always thought it was a pregnancy thing too. I thought, "Hey, great, since I adopted I won't have to suffer brain fog." I was wrong. So totally wrong! I am now completely convinced it is a side effect of parenting, NOT pregnancy! (Though don't think I misunderstand . . . while pregnant the same thing happens. However, when it keeps up after the birth I think it's a parenting thing".

Amanda said...

I hear you about AF and the fog. I'm over both of them. Bleh!