Monday, July 18, 2011

F, A, M, I, L, Y, Part 4

This weekend we traveled to my sister's in laws town to celebrate my niece's first birthday. It was our first road trip with a potty trained toddler. WOW, the trip should have been named Tour De Potty Stops. Thankfully, there were major malfunctions.

Before we left, I had some doubt over this trip. I was stressing over the drive (My parents and kids in the same car for 5+ hrs), money for traveling expenses and hotel, staying in a hotel room w 2 children, hanging w/ my sister, Etc. My brain is always finding something to worry about. Most of the worrying is usually just worry itself. Nonsense, but hard to control, nonetheless.

We left Friday morning after E got home from work. It was also my birthday. It took a bit longer to get there then my father anticipated due to said potty stops for the 3 yr old tiny bladder. BUT, once we got there, we had a great time. My sister appreciated up being there and made time for us. Her in laws are very warm and inviting. (as always)

My sister gave Me and MT birthday presents. She wrote me the sweetest note. It was just want I needed to read and receive. Then after the party, she came back to the hotel we were staying at and spent some time with us chatting. It was better than expected.

She may have read my blog, I don't really know. She, and a handful of family and friends, know I blog and know about this blog existence. But since my hiatus, I am unsure how many still actually read it. But I feel that this weekend was not as strained as a visit as the past visits have been. I feel like we are taking baby Steps. That's all that matters, Progress. It felt good

6 comments:

Cajun Cutie said...

Glad your trip went well

seussgirl said...

Yay! I'm glad you had some bright spots, you've needed them! Between that and cheesecake,what else do you need, right? :)

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm so glad it went well! The pictures were totally cute.

hope548 said...

This post makes my heart happy. I'm glad you had such a nice visit!

Barb said...

Fabulous! You deserve it! Love the new blog look btw. And did you realize that you're writing is always better and better?

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I am so glad it went well.

Oy -- I remember those first trips after potty training well. We drove from DC to MA -- 8 hours. I was so stressed. I ended up placing towels on the car seat underneath their bums just in case. We also had a hatchback and we left a potty seat in the trunk. We'd pull over to random parking lots and pee alfresco. One man walking past was like, "dude, I wish I had a bathroom in my trunk for me." ChickieNob just sat there like it was her throne, waving at everyone.