Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Letter O - for Oversharing

If only I were as comedic as the other bloggers I read I would write about my saga of the down side to too much Zof.ran ...... If you are unfamiliar with what can happen on Z.ofra.n .. uhm, let me share: Constipation .....

Not too graphic and w/o too many intimate details but enough to get the picture:

Too much Z.ofran + that "OMG i have to go ....but I can't" feeling + a repair guy that keeps knocking on your door at the WORST times 3 times + 1 yr old that is pulling EVERYTHING out of the bathroom cabinet while I am trying my best to take care of business = Shear Panic Attack. And a need to attach baby proofing things to said bathroom cabinet doors!

This was my day, Yesterday. Just in case you did not know this about the med, Consider yourself Warned.

Our Upstairs Neighbor's A/C seems to leak or the line get's blocked up or some other excuse I get and it leaks into our laundry room .... YES i have written about our Water saga's before ..This year, I have had my share of Leaking water, and I am just trying to grin and bear it ... But I made a phone call to our landlord about it and Then .... Timing Was Not on my side .... That's all I gotta say about that - OH but If i was funnier and Better with words, You would TOTALLY have gotten a very different blog post! Let's just say Colace is now my bestest friend and will not be forgotten!

13 comments:

Caro said...

Sorry to hear about that, hope you're feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

Eeks... I hope you get some more relief soon :)

I think I forgot to ask or missed it... what did you decide to do about moving?

Anonymous said...

Colace is GOOD stuff. I totally forgot to warn you about that side effect. (I think I blocked it from memory.)

FYI: Tylenol with Codeine does the same thing.

Adriane said...

LOL! I can only imagine the kind of day you had. Sorry!

O is for Oversharing. That could be Letter People episode. :-)

HereWeGoAJen said...

Yuck, I'm sorry this is happening! Unfair. But hilarious about the timing!

Amanda said...

I sooooo remember how miserable the zof.ran made that part of my body. Colace! Yay! I hope things are moving along better, now. ;-)

And it's Murphy's Law that the repair guy would show up then.

Jill Tice said...

I thought I told you about what happened to me on Zofran??? I guess not. :o) Basically it felt like I was giving birth to a turd. Crying, sweating...

SNORT!

LOVE YOU! I needed this laugh.

AwkwardMoments said...

Yes Jill - there was Blood, sweat and tears. I actually think It was more painful than delivering Austin. And I had to get Colace in my system to Help the situation out hours later! .... I was sweating and trying to hold myself together .. but failing miserable!

TeamWinks said...

My first thought was, "Oh shit!" Then I thought that wouldn't be such a great comment. What a stinky situation!

Morrisa said...

Lol...too funny! Colace was my friend post c-section as well. :)

Anonymous said...

I have heard about the horrors of zofran. I just have regular old pregancy constipation, colace is my friend, too!

Photogrl said...

That is definitely bad timing!

Wishing relief for you...

Barb said...

OOOOOOOOH! I did NOT know that!!! I took Zofran quite a few times on the cruise and suffered some VERY unfortunate side effects of the same ilk! In fact, even a few days after the last one, I'm still not normal. Hopefully it was just the Zofran and things can get better now!

I was pondering a post about the same thing b/c holy man this is not fun, and I was getting desperate!