Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fortieth

There is a lot of Lent discussions going on right now and I normally do not feel drawn to participate by giving up something for the duration of the season. This year I have been torn.  I did not have that feeling like I was supposed to give up something but I did feel drawn to participate more than I have in the past. And then today, It became clear.  I am not to give up something - but I am to promise/vow something.  I am to take these 40 days and I am to focus on Organizing my house on a very tight/ limited budget.

You may think this is a simple task for some.  For me, notsomuch.  I am NOT an organizer.  I am actually too OCD to organize.  Weird. huh? If there is not a step by step picture guide, I start to over organize then the anxiety sets in, then I explode into 1 million pieces.  Or that is what my brain feels like happens.  So I end up going the other route ...ignore until I am able to come back to center.  When I am back to center, I am able to clearly see how to organize/visualize and get the job done.  (This is why I am a huge lover of Pinterest) Pictures for us visual learners/do-ers. 

I am going to push through, work on my anxiety, hopes it helps keep me busy and motivated.  Hope that our rooms and lives become much more manageable.  I recently organized the kids room (well mostly) and now, cleaning  up their toys is SO.MUCH.EASIER!  Everything has a place, The toys have homes.  I am able to find them.  The kids are learning to put things back where we keep them ... Yes, Organization Makes life easier... There, I said it.  And with that said, it made me realize that once it gets organized, It IS easier to keep up, and find things, and Maintain and all of that Makes my Life Easier.  Parenting is always in need of being made easier.  

So, tossing my vow into the well.  Here's to 40 days of Organizing and making a better life for my family. I am sure I will have many life lessons learned from this.  Are you participating in Lent in some way? I'd love to hear and support you and  how you recognize this season.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had weeks to sit around and look at my house. So this really spoke to me. I don't have the challenges you do, as the dog doesn't do much to make a mess. But I get it. I want to declutter and organize, too. Good luck! ~Natasha

HereWeGoAJen said...

I think that sounds like a great idea. You can do it!

Searching said...

Best of luck on your adventure! I am sure you will find a way to make it work. :)

Barb said...

Great!! I think I have a similar problem to yours. But I'm overcoming it bit by bit.

David bone said...

wow great i have read many articles about this topic and everytimei learn something new i dont think it will ever stop always new info , Thanks for all of your hard work! public liability insurance cost

Unknown said...

I feel the exact same way. Funny enough I have said this to myself dozens and dozens of times. My forty days are here for Nativity and only time will tell if I will get up and seek my center and make organizing a permanent part of my life like I desire. Great post.

Mommy Someday said...

Saw your comment on another blog...update us, please!!!!!

ray ban wayfarer said...

westbrook jersey
kevin durant jersey
Serge Ibaka Jersey
were not fundamental laws at all, but superficial descriptions of the ‘local’ incidence of deeper and hitherto unguessed laws. Plato’s parable of the shadow figures cast by unseen persons and an unseen source of light

joanna-fiftysomething.blogspot.com said...

Good for you. Sounds like a God inspired plan. Are you familiar with Fly Lady? She sends out daily emails on this very subject and has products to sell.

That being said, I invite you to check out my blog: www.joanna-fiftysomething.blogspot.com. I write about life, love and family from a Chrisitan perspective.